Sunday, July 5, 2009

An attempt to catch up...

July 5, 2009 to October 1, 2009


July 13, 2009

Our second anniversary already? Really? Garrett and I have been fortunate enough to have Disneyland passes for the last few years and we have made it a tradition that we go for our anniversary. We went to disneyland the day after we got married and then have gone each year since then. It is always so much fun to go with G to disneyland, but for some reason our anniversary "date" is always better.





After spending the whole day at Disneyland, we were exhausted and went home. For our anniversary we had to give each other linen. Personally, I think linen is a lame gift, HOWEVER I did get a really awesome blanket from G that I totally love. I bought him some large guy sized beach towels. How manly can linen really be? I did the best I could. Maybe underwear would have been better. :) or more practical at least. Anyway. I didn't just get a blanket I got tickets to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang at the Orange County Performing Arts Center! We went three days later on July 16. It was seriously AWESOME. I have seen a number of great musicals but this one was so much fun... It even had a flying car! Three hours before the musical I had an appt to get a tooth pulled, which I did not want to reschedule. So, here I am in all my glory, gauze in month an all. I still loved every second of it.










Moving right along.
July 21, 2009
CHELSEA GAME! Garrett's parents bought tickets for all of us to go see an english premier soccer game at the Rose Bowl. Chelsea played Inter Milan and won 2-0! There was 84,000 people in the rose bowl that night and it was so awesome to be a part of.











The whole month of July was beautiful at the beach I took as many opportunities as possible to get to go and watch the waves and soak up the sun. I took my mom a few times and we sat and watched the waves at a place called the Wedge, where they were about 10-16 feet tall. Mom took this picture of us and I thought she did a good job holding up the camera in front of us.

August 1, 2009
Garrett's family had a bbq with Lyle's brothers. It was a really great night, we ate in the back yard and the weather and food was perfect. It was fun to get a chance to hang out and catch up.
August 15, 2009
We went to the beach for Lacie's birthday and got the chance to hang out the whole day kid-free! We love their kids as if they were our own, but it was really fun to have the freedom like old times. We rented a surrey, which is a four person bike and rode it the beach. Then we went out to lunch and the mall!
Garrett and I saw Fiddler on the Roof at the Orange County Performing Arts Center on August 18, 2009.Miniature Golfing on August 21, 2009. Final Score Garrett 62, Jessica 64. Super LAME. Stupid Hole # 17. I had him until dumb Hole # 17. A rematch is in order sometime soon!
















Next in our adventures was my Dads birthday on August 31, 2009. We went to San Clemente that weekend and then also had a party for him at the house. It was really fun and San Clemente was BEAUTIFUL!This picture here was made small do to all of us wearing no make-up. haha.We saw Legally Blonde at the Orange County Performing Arts Center on September 9, 2009. It was of course a great performance. We were happy to see Becky Gulsvig in her role as Elle Woods and it was incredible to say the least!









September 20, 2009
Garrett and I went to Burbank, CA. Our good friends were getting married there so we went for the weekend. The wedding was a blast and we decided to see what Warner Bros. Studio looked like.

Next time I will catch up with the rest of last year!

Good Luck Keeping Up With Us~ The Joneses

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! You two are looking awesome as usual! we need to hang out more! also Jesse and I love to see musicals and plays so call us next time you go, it'll be a blast! (Jesse would be so appalled by this comment, he thinks I use way too many exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I toooo love exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!! We do need to hang out more. I miss your guts. <3 I'm gonna call you about the musical junk. :)

    ReplyDelete