Saturday, June 27, 2009

AT ATTENTION! - A day at the Military Museum

June 27, 2009


Ok.. at ease. This was fun stuff! Garrett and I were on our way to The San Gabriel Mission when we saw a museum filled with military tanks, trucks, cars, and helicopters. Being that I am museum junky (something most people do not actually know about me), I told Garrett to turn the car around! It looked like fun to check out all the military tanks. My husband, of course, did not argue with me and turned the car around in no time.

We saw some really old tanks from world war I and world war II. Also, a Huey helicopter, mortars, 20 mm guns, and anti-aircraft weapons.
The day was really awesome and we had a great time wandering around looking at all the interesting military machinery. I had the honor of being Garrett's tour guide, because they gave us a book filled with information on each item (everything was numbered). I learned alot about tanks, trucks, and being tough! I even wore a Kevlar world war II helmet and bullet belt!
In all seriousness, the helmet alone was really heavy and I felt like a total wimp. The machinery that the military uses is complicated and pretty intimidating by itself. I have a whole new respect for the men and women who fight for my freedom everyday.




Good Luck Keeping Up With Us- The Joneses

1 comment:

  1. There is a airplane museum in the Palm Springs area, no dobut we'll be going there soon as our vacation is coming up and that's where were going.

    ReplyDelete