Monday, June 22, 2009

Brace FACE!

June 22, 2009

Good Grief.

I did it. I actually got braces put on. I have been holding off on this blog for too long. I think I was hoping that I could somehow get them taken off and pretend it never happened before I would write this. I was wrong. I am stuck with them and I am just going to have to love every painful, embarrassing, and stressful moment with them for the next 23 months. I have already had them for 1 month and the time has actually gone by pretty fast.

I need a total of 2 years or 24 months. Seems like it is going to be forever that I have these darn things. I will have them for two Christmas's, two Birthdays.... ewww two of everything. On top of that, I was told I had to have 3 teeth pulled. One is out and I have an appointment for the other 2 in a couple weeks. I'm not even going to get into how much fun it was to have a tooth pulled. I'm sure everyone knows what a true joy it is to experience that.

So. I'm stuck with the braces. I constantly feel them in my mouth. I think I should have bought some stock in the company that makes the wax I use a boat load of. I really look forward to the end of this, even if it is 23 months away.

P.S. People thought I looked young before the braces. Just when I thought I wouldn't get carded for a drink... HA... carded again! Looks like it might be an interesting, slightly entertaining, tremendously slow and definitely comical two years.
Me, right after I got the braces put on. Wearing no make-up~ oops!

Good Luck Keeping Up With Us- The Joneses

1 comment:

  1. Don't feel so bad. My girl friend Brenda, not sure you remember her (a frame rep) finally got braces when she was 37. It's never too late and your smile will be fabulous...not that is wasn't before ~

    ReplyDelete